Allergies!! The frustration of dealing with congestion, post-nasal drip, headaches, and all those associated symptoms. How can you strengthen your immune system and improve your tolerance to external triggers? Here are some recommendations:
- Be aware of cross-reactions between environmental and foods.
- Decrease high histamine foods during allergy seasons.
- Evaluate your genetics (DAO and HNMT genes).
- Use targeted herbs and nutritional support.
Cross-Reactions between Food and Environment:
Tree pollen and Mugwort: apple, pear, cherry, plum, fig, peach, kiwi, prune, persimmon, nectarine, strawberry, beans, carrot, celery, green pepper, potato, tomato, parsnip, peas, anise, basil, dill, caraway, chicory, coriander, cumin, fennel, marjoram, oregano, parsley, paprika, pepper, tarragon, thyme, hazelnuts, almonds and walnuts.
Ragweed: melon, watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, banana, zucchini, cucumber, sunflower seeds
Latex: banana, avocado, kiwi, papaya, apricot, apple, melons, celery, potato, tomato, carrot, chestnut
Top high histamine foods:
Fermented products (alcohol, vinegar, yeast, bacteria); canned products; cured/dried/marinated/smoked/preserved meats; all sausages; certain fish including tuna, mackerel, herring, sardines, anchovies, mahi mahi; fish sauces; shellfish (mussels/lobster/crab/shrimp/prawn); matured cheese (hard cheese/semi-hard cheese/soft cheese/processed cheese/blue cheese/mold cheese/ fondue/aged Gouda); sauerkraut; spinach; tomatoes; eggplant; avocado; olives; legumes (lentils/beans/soy); pickled vegetables; strawberries; raspberries; lemons; citrus; banana; pineapple; kiwi; pears; papaya; guava; nuts; cocoa; carob; soy milk; energy drinks; juices; soda.
Genetic testing ACTION STEPS:
- Order DNA kit from ancestry.com/dna ($99)
- When you receive DNA results, download your raw data
- Create an account at MTHFRSupport.com
- In “My Account” at MTHFRSupport go into “Sterling’s App” and click on “order reports
- Follow the prompts to upload the raw data for interpretation ($30) – choose “Variants” report
- Download your report
- Deliver report to Dr. Georgia Nab
- Schedule your consultation with Dr. Georgia Nab 913-962-7408 or email@example.com
There are a variety of herbs and nutrients that can be used to support a healthy immune response year-round.
Schedule an appointment with Dr. Nab to discuss the best options for you based on your lifestyle and genetic factors. Call 913-962-7408 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.